Photo

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Hunkiest Albums #23: The Killers - Battle Born



I did NOT enjoy this one through the first couple of listens. I eventually made it my background noise as I kicked marauder ass through Borderlands 2. Now I love it. Isn't odd how that happens? All the songs are epic, sweeping dramas that stop just short of being cheesy, try hard dog crap. Plus, it's an excellent driving record, beginning to end. The lyrics mostly deal in relationships gone wrong or wanting her back. But again, let me remind you, these songs go well with shotgun blasting your way through Pandora. The bonus tracks leave something to be desired but that's not a surprise. Highlights: Flesh and Bone, The Way It Was, Here With Me, The Rising Tide, From Here On Out, Battle Born


No comments:

Post a Comment