Photo

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Hunkiest Albums #22: Haim - Days Are Gone



I saw them play on SNL a few months ago and I enjoyed their song "The Wire" but wasn't really intrigued to listen to their other songs. However, I couldn't get that song out of my head for a week or so. I previewed the tracks on iTunes and ended up buying the album. They have some really solid songs. They have an 80's pop/rock Fleetwood Mac type sound. Each song is crafted almost perfectly down to each "ting" and "HEY!". Also, I've noticed its popular with these potato farmer UK bands to incorporated a lot of oh's and hey's into each song, but they are doing it wrong. Haim does it right. Stylistically, this album reminds me a lot of The Strokes album Comedown Machine. These are good songs to dance and sing to when you are home alone. Shhh. Highlights: Falling, Forever, The Wire, If I Could Change Your Mind, Don't Save Me, Go Slow, Running If You Call My Name

No comments:

Post a Comment